Home Internet Legal
For easy reference, we’ve put all our home internet agreements, policies, processes and contract information in one place.
Use and agreements
- Terms of Service – Our responsibilities and standard service terms that cover all services that we offer.
- Acceptable Use Policy – Your customer responsibilities, including updating personal information, conduct, security and general responsibilities.
- Website Use Terms – Your responsibilities when you use our Swoop Broadband website.
- VoIP Acceptable Use Policy – Responsibilities for Voice over Internet Protocol services.
- Customer Email Policy – How legacy @dcsi customer emails are being managed.
Advocacy and representatives
- Consumer Advocate Policy – Nominate a person who can make enquiries on the accountholder’s behalf, but cannot authorise changes.
- Authorised Representative Policy – Nominate a person who can make changes to the account without the accountholder present.
Finance and complaints
- Complaint Handling Policy – Our commitment to do a better job for our customers and complaint process summary.
- Financial Hardship Policy – Help for customers experiencing financial stress.
- Billing Policy – How you are billed for Swoop Broadband services.
- Credit Management Policy – How you are billed for Swoop Broadband services.
- Compensation Policy – A summary of your rights and remedies under the law.
- Hardware Returns Policy – Circumstances when you are eligible for refunds or equipment replacement.
Critical Information Summaries
Critical Information Summaries include specific policies and pricing for our services and products.
Our critical information summary includes information for our current products & services, as well as historical information dating back to 1 September 2012.
Key fact sheets
- Direct Debit Agreement – To set up an automatic direct debit (from a bank account).
- Changing owners – To change the name on an account with us.
- VoIP port authority, customer service guarantee waiver and informed consent – To sign up to VoIP service (phone access via the internet) with us.
Telecommunications Consumer Protections (TCP) Code
Our services are provided with our commitment to compliance with the Telecommunications Consumer Protections (TCP) Code, which is a comprehensive code of practice for the telecommunications industry. Consumers rights are protected by a set of rules that cover the obligations of retail telecommunications service providers in relation to billing, contracts, advertisements complaint resolution, and more. Further information.