@dcsi Customer Email Policy
About this policy
This document is our @dcsi Customer Email Policy (policy). In this @dcsi policy, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ are all references to Bosley Holdings Pty Ltd trading as Swoop Broadband, ABN 71613948575 of 1A, 155 Queen Street, Warragul VIC 3820 Australia.
This policy is accessible on our website and is distributed to customers and former customers (together, ‘customers’) and our staff.
Our Chief Executive Officer (or equivalent) has approved this policy and is responsible for ensuring its implementation, operation and compliance with any applicable regulations and industry codes.
By using any @dcsi customer email service (‘mailbox’ or ‘mailboxes’) you agree to comply with the terms of this policy.
@dcsi email address
@dcsi email addresses (‘[email protected]’) date back to the early days of the internet in Australia, when it was common for ISPs to offer customers email addresses. Today, people are spoiled for choice when it comes to email services and ISP-supplied email addresses are relics. Heaps of cheap and free dedicated services options have rendered ISP-supplied email addresses obsolete.
- @dcsi customer emails are legacy services and are closed to new activations. No new mailboxes will be created.
- Customers who want a new email service should look into third party email service, such as (but not limited to) Gmail, Outlook.com or Yahoo email.*
- Email storage on our server is limited to a maximum of 500MB per mailbox.
- Mailboxes that have been inactive for 12 months will be deleted without notification.
- Don’t use your @dcsi account to send or receive:
- unsolicited commercial bulk email (‘spam’) or any other act in violation of the Spam Act 2003
- malicious software, such as viruses or worms
- copyright-infringing or pornographic material
- bulk email to more than 10 recipients per message
- unreasonable or detrimental to other internets service users
- material prohibited under our acceptable use policy or our service terms.
- Minimum requirements for email passwords are: include a minimum of 8 characters, at least 1 letter, 1 number and 1 special character. We won’t let you use some common strings that pose a security risk. If your mailbox is not protected with a compliant password, your access may be restricted without warning.
- You are responsible maintaining confidential information such as usernames and passwords used to access the mailbox, and you agree not to disclose them to any other person or organisation. You must notify us immediately if your username and/or password is lost, or if you suspect that someone else may be using them. You will be responsible for any unauthorised use of the mailbox
- @dcsi customer email addresses are only available with an active eligible Swoop Broadband service. Eligible services are Acceler8ed Broadband, NBN and OptiComm broadband services. Web hosting and domain registration services are not eligible services.
- Your @dcsi customer email addresses will terminate immediately when you close your last eligible service. When the account is termination any data you have stored on our server will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
- We will provide the basic settings to configure your mailbox. You are responsible for configuring and/or troubleshooting your own devices, and/or employing a third-party technician if you need help with this.
- You agree to indemnify us from any claim about communications you send or receive via the service. Communications that are sent by third parties are outside of our control and may contain unsuitable, dangerous or otherwise objectional content. You use this service at your own risk.
- We employ automated spam filtering to reduce the likelihood of receiving unwanted email but make no representation this this service will eliminate all unwanted email. Anti-spam filters reduce false legitimate emails being misidentified as spam. However this is not infallible, and may cause delivery failures.
- Our mail server is a shared environment and can be affected by other users. We do our best to prohibit use that is detrimental to your service use. Some restrictions and interruptions are unavoidable due to the shared nature of the environment. You may want to reconsider your service use if this would cause you hardship or financial loss.
- We make no warranty about your data storage and you agree to indemnify us from any claim that may arise in conjunction with your mailbox use. You are advised to keep your own backups. If you require secure email data storage, you are advised to use another service.
- We may immediately restrict or terminate your access to the mailbox if:
- deliberately or carelessly breach the terms of this policy
- we reasonably believe your mailbox is compromised, or poses a security risk that may have a detrimental impact on our systems, network, or other users of our services or the internet.
* We make no representation that the named services are suited to an individual user’s intended use, and recommend you assess the service yourself before signing up.