About this policy
’ and ‘us
’ are all references to Cirrus Communications Pty Limited ACN 109 931 731 (trading as Swoop, the Swoop Business), ABN 71613948575 Of 1A, 155 Queen Street, Warragul Vic 3820 Australia. This policy is accessible on our website and is distributed to business internet customers and former business internet customers (together, ‘customers
’) and our staff. Our Chief Executive Officer (or equivalent) has approved this policy and is responsible for ensuring its implementation, operation and compliance with any applicable regulations and industry codes. By using any Swoop service (‘services’) you agree to comply with the terms of this policy.
Swoop is committed to the protection of customer personal information. Swoop is subject to the requirements of the Telecommunications Act 1997 and the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman Scheme. Swoop also wishes to comply with the Australian Communications Industry Forum Code for the Protection of Personal Information of Customers of Telecommunications Providers.
How Swoop collects personal information
Swoop collects your personal information in a number of ways, such as over the phone, over the Internet if you transact with us on-line, or when you complete an application form for one of the products or services that we offer or promote. Swoop collects personal information directly from you at the time you apply for internet services. Swoop may also collect personal information from third parties such as:
- credit reporting agencies;
- suppliers of telecommunication services (eg other telecommunication and information service providers);
- other entities who supply services to us related to the provision of telecommunication services provided to you.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Swoop will treat the personal information that it collects from you as confidential. Swoop will not reveal, disclose, sell, rent or pass that information on to any third parties, unless they are contracted to Swoop to keep the information confidential or are required to comply with all relevant laws including the Privacy Act 1988. Services that Swoop contracts out, or may contract out at some future time, include the provisioning of your service (eg installations), the mailing of bills and other communications to customers, debt collection, and I.T. services. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how contractors are to use your personal information. Swoop may disclose personal information for the purpose specified to you at the time of collection, or for any other purpose if:
- you would reasonably expect Swoop to disclose it for that purpose; and
- that purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
If Swoop should wish to disclose any of the personal information other than as set out above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent. Swoop will, however, disclose your personal information in a number of circumstances allowed by the Privacy Principles. Those circumstances include:
- where there are reasonable grounds to believe the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
- where Swoop suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and uses the personal information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- the use or disclosure is authorized or required by law, or is reasonably necessary to enforce the
Swoop will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorized persons.
Access and correction of personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that Swoop holds about you. Swoop will generally not charge you with a fee for access to your personal information, unless we consider that your requests are unnecessarily numerous, extensive or otherwise vexatious. If you wish to have a copy of the personal information, Swoop may require you to pay some charges which cover Swoops administrative costs of providing the information to you, but we will not impose a charge just for lodging a request for access with us. Details of these charges are shown on the Rate Card. To request access to your personal information, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 333 200 or send an email [email protected]
requesting access. If for any reason Swoop refuses to give you access to your personal information, we will give you the reasons for our decision. We may deny you or limit access to personal information where giving you access:
- would pose a serious threat to life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- would prejudice any negotiations or legal proceedings between you and Swoop;
- would prejudice the detection and investigation of unlawful activity; or
- would prejudice enforcement of laws.
If you believe that we hold personal information that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 333 200. We will usually amend any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information. However, if we disagree on whether the information is to be amended, and cannot resolve that disagreement, either you or Swoop may append an explanatory note to the information in question.
Privacy Complaints and Contact Details
You can complain about breaches of your privacy by sending:
- contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 333 200
- an email addressed to [email protected]